Thursday, December 27, 2007

3 months summary

OK here we go…. My first blog entry in… gosh, I can’t even remember. 3 months, I guess? Well, the good news is that I’m still alive and well. It’s just that lots of things have been happening and I was just busy (or lazy… you know me =P)

Hmm… where should I even begin? During the course of 3 months, I have:
- Met a girl and started dating her. Won’t talk much about her here because some things are personal….
- Went to a kickass Halloween party at Zouk, lost my camera (again… 2nd time this year… can’t believe it) and got kicked out from my apartment immediately after that (long story)
- Was homeless for a few days after that and had to stay at my friend’s place. But luckily I’ve found a new place now. There are some pluses and minuses to the place. The good thing is that the room is bigger, no crazy housemates/dogs, and the rent is cheaper. However, it is further away from my workplace and the MRT (so I have no choice but to take bus to go anywhere). But all is good so far….
- Went on 2 business trips…. Once to Jakarta, and the other one was to Kuala Lumpur. Both were very interesting.
- Went on a holiday to New Zealand. I will make a separate entry for this.

So, pretty interesting huh? Another very interesting development, work-wise is that now I am officially the Regional Lead for Performance Measurement. It’s kinda shocking because when I got back from my holiday, I learned that my immediate boss (who was based in Australia) is no longer with the company, and therefore the position is empty and need to be filled immediately. As I am the only person besides her that knows about all these things, all the work was “thrown” at me. It’s a good thing for me (promotion and all), but at the same time I feel sorry for my boss, and also it feels quite scary when I think about what I need to do from now on. I mean, I already know what my boss did, but when you have to take over without a proper handover, it’s not an easy task. But, I’ll give it my best and we’ll see…..

Well, a new year is coming… I hope the new year will bring all of us happiness and success in all aspects of life.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments: