Thursday, September 15, 2005

Profit or Loss?

I have some good news and bad news today....

Well, today started out with me watching "Robots" on DVD. And it was really good.... I really enjoyed it.... Robin Williams is just hilarious :D After lunch, I found out that my pay from RMIT (for a one time gig that I had last month) was actually taxable.... so instead of A$360, I only get A$277 after tax. That's the bad news.

Now comes the good parts. Today Rebel Sports is having a one day only 20% discount storewide. I was quite bummed at first because as you all know, I've just spent A$95 there on Sunday. So I decided to go there and just take a look (you know I'm a junkie for SALE haha). Well, while I was there, I suddenly have a brilliant idea (cue lightbulb flashing). I couldn't return what I bought on Sunday because I already wear it, but I remember that I still keep the receipt (it's a lucky thing for me cos normaly I would have thrown out the receipt). So what I did was I bought exactly the same items for A$95 less 20%. And then I went home, get the original (Sunday) receipt, and return to the store, and return what I've just bought 30 minutes ago with the original receipt. And I get my A$95 back. So in total, I only fork out A$72. Haha... pretty smart eh? And I was quite proud of myself today because I didn't get anything else, altough it's already on discount. Well, I did had my eyes on a training gloves and I did try out a couple of shoes on, but in the end, I didn't buy anything. So yay!!!

On another note, the theme for this Sunday's Australian Idol is the 60's and they all sound pretty good on rehearsals. The song choices that I remember:
The good ones : Emily will be singing singing Aretha's R-E-S-P-E-C-T, and Daniel Spillane singing James Brown's "I Feel Good".
The bad ones : Roxane singing "You Can't Hurry Love" (back to annoying voice), and Dan singing "Unchained Melody" (but I think a lot of people will say he do a good job). I don't know, I just don't like Dan that much.
The rest : either I don't know the song or I don't really care haha.

Ok then, time to take a shower now. Stefan.... out.

No comments: