Sunday, September 11, 2005

SA (Shopaholic Anonymous)

Hi. My name is Stefanus and I'm a shopaholic. Today I spent A$120, mostly for things that I don't really need.

Let me tell you what happened. Today I decided to go swimming, as I usually do every Sunday. After I get out of the house, while walking to the tram stop, I feel that something's not right. And then I remember that I forgot to bring my goggles. So I came back to my apartment to look for it. But I couldn't find it, and suddenly I remember that maybe I left them in the swimming pool last week. So I asked the reception guy in the pool if he found any googles. But he didn't. So my first spending today is to buy a new pair of goggles, which cost me A$25. And it's not even a good one.... just basic goggles which probably won't last long :(

After the swim, I went to Rebel Sports (a shop which sells sporting equipments and clothing). I went there because I wanted to get a pair of trackpants (you know, those pants that you wear for sports). I wanted to get one because I only have shorts to go to the gym. And tomorrow I want to try a new class called "Bodyjam". It's like a dance class, but in the gym. And I've noticed that nobody in the class wears shorts (probably because it looks ridiculous dancing in shorts). Anyway, so I went to the store and browse around. I kinda knew that it would be difficult to find one because it will be too long for me. So after browsing, and browsing, and browsing.... I finally found a nice black one with white stripes by Adidas. It's not actually a trackpants... it's a knee-length shorts. But when I wear it, it become like a bermuda (slightly longer than the knee). So I decided to take it. It is A$35. So by now you are probably wondering what else did I buy that cost A$60? Well, I'm actually amazed by myself today...... believe it or not, it's a T-shirt.

The t-shirt is by Puma, and it is olive green in colour (see picture #1). I really really don't need it actually, but when I try it on... damn I look good :) And the material is not the normal cotton.... it's like a soccer jersey material. You know, the one that absorbs sweat quickly. And the funny thing is the tags that comes along with the T (see other pictures). They are so funny haha.

So I have a mixed feeling now..... on one hand I am really excited by the T shirt, but on the other hand... why? Why am I such a shopaholic? Help me!!! Quick, somebody grab me before I spend another dollar today!
Remember Pink's "Don't Let Me Get Me"? Well, that's exactly what I'm feeling right now...... "I'm a hazard to myself.... don't let me get me..... don't wanna be my friend no more....."

OK so now I'm off to try my new recipe.... tuna kimchi fried rice.... hopefully it will be a success :)







No comments: