Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Tulip Festival





Yesterday me and my friends went to the Tulip Festival in Silvan, Victoria. It's about 1 hour's drive from Melbourne. The interesting story is that the stupid Budget car rental give me a manual car when I've asked them for auto. Well, I DO know how to drive a manual, but it's been such a long time, and for the first 5 minutes I did the frog dance with the car haha.

The festival was wonderful. I've never seen so much tulips in my life. There are a lot, a lot, a lot of different kinds of tulips.

From there, we went on to the Mt. Dandenong area cos it's nearby and we have the car for the whole day. Now this is not a good experience. It is such crap haha. First we went to the highest point where you can see Melbourne city from afar. We need to pay $4 each car for the entrance. Let me tell, you, it is not worth it. There's nothing there. After that we walked about 20 minutes along a muddy path to "Sherbrook Falls"..... and it was very very disappointing. Well, it shouldn't be called "falls".... probably "creek" or "very tiny river" would be more fitting haha.

Here's some photos from the tulip festival.

No comments: