Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Banquet movie review

Today I went to Wangfujing (something like the Orchard Rd of Beijing) to watch the new movie "The Banquet". It is a chinese movie, starring Zhang Zi Yi (and some other actors and actresses that I don't know). At first me and my friends are just too confident, and we were going to watch the movie even tough it's all in chinese. But fortunately, they do have english subtitles :)

Anyway, I think it is a good movie. The story is old times china, emperors and empresses, fighting, treachery, poison.... all the usual stuff. The makers of this movie really went all out for the setting..... I am really impressed with the locations, and the palace, and the ENORMOUS bathtub haha. The fighting is also very good.

The only bad thing about this movie is that the pace is sooo slow. They all speak very slowly, like they are learning chinese. But still, the words they are using are not practical and not for daily use. Even my friend who is in E class said that he wouldn't understand if there was no subtitles.

Overall, I give this movie 3 out of 5, because of the slowness. Otherwise it would be 4 out of 5.

No comments: