Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Too many dreams, too little time

Lately I have been feeling quite overwhelmed with things around me. There’s just too many things that I want to do but there’s just some kind of obstacles to realizing them some way or another.
First, going to the gym. As you know, I have signed up with Fitness First again and I am trying to go there regularly, but it seems that it’s quite hard to make it a reality. When I was in Australia, it was so easy because my schedule is so relaxed there…. I only had classes at night, and that’s not every night. So I’m free during the day and I can go to the gym anytime I want. Furthermore, the gym is so much closer back in Melbourne… it only took me about 15-20 minutes door to door from my place to the gym, whereas here, well it’s also about 15 minutes if I go straight from the office, but from my place it will probably take more than half an hour. Also, the timing is not quite right…. gym classes here starts at either 6.30 or 7.30 pm (compared to 5.30 or 6 in Australia, where people get off work at 5), which clashes with dinner time. 6.30 is still OK… I can eat afterwards, although I will be very hungry by then (because after the class I still need time to cool down, take a shower, change etc etc and by then it would already be 8+). But if I want to go to the 7.30 class, I’m always confused whether to eat first or not. If I eat first, I would be too full to exercise, but if I don’t eat first, well then I’d probably faint during the class. The only option is to have a snack first and then eat again afterwards. But isn’t it not good to eat too close to your bedtime? Dilemma, dilemma…. or am I just a drama king? Hmm….

Second issue…. going out and having a good time…. the obstacle here is twofold…. First, I haven’t found the people who have as much enthusiasm and party spirit as me. Second, it’s not exactly cheap….

Next issue…. I am such a shopaholic!! Oh my God, there’s just so many things that I want to buy (notice the word “want”, not “need”). Seriously, I might need help…. or a bigger paycheck hahaha.

Well, time to knock off now…. don’t worry, more complaining to come, especially when I have too much free time haha…

1 comment:

Ariva said...

Just a suggestion on whether to eat or not to eat before gym.
You can eat at around 5, have quite a 'heavy' snack so that you dont have to eat dinner again. I usually did that, good for diet too ;)