Friday, May 04, 2007

Stefan's newsletter

OK people, I’m back from the dead…. well, not literally, but I was very very sick for most part of last week. Fever, flu, sore throat, cough, blocked nose… the whole package. Not really sure how I got it, but I suspect it’s from one of my flatmates.

Anyway, I feel much better now, and already went out and about haha. I finally joined the gym again (Fitness First, of course) and yesterday I had my first BodyPump class again. The last one I had was back in December 2005 when I was still in Melbourne. The instructor yesterday was not half as fun as Teresa, and the sound system sucks. But I guess it’s better than nothing. Maybe I have to try other sessions at other branches until I find the good instructor haha.

Another exciting event….. last Monday me and some friends went out to see a comedy show by Kumar, Singapore’s most popular drag queen. I’ve watched his/her (?) show before a few years back (right before I left Singapore), but now he’s only performing Monday nights at Hard Rock Café. Since Tuesday was Labor Day, so I decided to gather some people and see the show.
It was a really funny show, but I think a lot of the jokes are very ‘local’, so if you have never lived in Singapore you won’t be laughing as hard as I did.

On other news…. tomorrow is shaping up to be a very busy day… I got badminton in the morning, and then apparently one of my high school friend has opened a café here in Singapore, so I will check it out with some old friends….. and then there’s a belated birthday celebration for another friend…. well, so far only the organizer is excited about it….. the other people are like “hmmm, I don’t know whether I’ll come or not, let’s just see how tomorrow”. So I got a feeling it’s not going to be a very good party.

Work-wise….. same old boring days…. just trying to get through each day. There’s this new thing coming up, called “First Choice”, and I have been automatically selected to be one of the team members.

Not really sure what I need to do in relation to this yet…. so far there’s only introduction meetings and brainstorming session, but nothing concrete yet. So, hopefully I’ll get to do more things.

No comments: