Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Quite an interesting 24 hours

It started yesterday.... my roommate Edward took a leave (just because he's sick of working..... imagine that!) and so we went swimming in the morning, then got back and laze around, watch DVD ("She's The Man", starring Amanda Bynes..... not too bad). Afterwards I accompany him to get some gym fashion, cos he doesn't really have any sports shorts. Then for dinner he had an idea to have dinner at Esplanade.... he said there's a decent japanese restaurant there. So I contacted some people I know that also have nothing to do (they are also looking for a job), and so in the end 4 of us went for dinner. The restaurant is called Ichiban Boshi.... not too bad, but not nearly as good as Sushi Tei. Anyway, after dinner we decided to walk from the Esplanade to the Fullerton Hotel cos the weather was good (not too hot), and the view is amazing.




--Nighttime view of Singapore CBD--


And then, when I got back, I got a call from one of my friends back in Beijing who is currently in Singapore... this time it's Joaquin Chou.... we almost became flatmates (with Laura Fernandez) last semester, but the plan was cancelled. Anyways, he's only here for a couple of days, and so we met up today. He came here with another guy named Norman (also from BLCU.... seen him before, didn't really know him), but Norman also met up with his Singaporean friend, so we split up, and it was just the 2 of us. And he wanted to see the Merlion, so I took him through the same path that I walked last night. Hahaha..... So here are some day-time shots :)



--Daytime view of Singapore CBD--

We continued to walk down the path and ended up getting some beer at Brewerkz in Clarke Quay..... it was so nice to catch up with him. Or maybe it's just me.... I don't know.... sometimes I'm amazed myself at how I can connect with different people with different background and personalities.

Another interesting story.... just now I decided to take the bus back from Orchard Rd cos I figured that the MRT would be crowded. So I was sitting in the bus, and somewhere along the road, there was a loud "BOOM".... kinda like the bus hit something. Then the bus stopped on the side of the road, the driver got out and checked out what was going on, but there was nothing and we continue the journey. But 2 stops down the road, it started to smell like burning rubber. So all the passengers got out, and left rear wheel was literally smoking.... so I decided to walk the remaining 2 stops back home.

OK then now my roommate's gonna use the internet connection, so till next time....

No comments: