Sunday, February 04, 2007

the countdown continues......

There's so many things that I want to write these days, but I was lazy, eventhough it's only a matter of writing down my thoughts..... this is bad..... must.... try.... harder..... resist.... the..... laziness.... haha

Anyway, first news : job-hunting. So after one week of torment and agony waiting for the result of the interview, and since I haven't heard any news by last Tuesday, I decided to write a follow up email, and it's a good thing I did. Well, when I first send the email, immediately there was a auto-reply saying that she (Lily) was on a business trip to South Africa until the 9th. So I was a bit bummed and thought that surely there had been someone who had taken the job. Then that day, my roommate Edward took a "medical leave" (notice the quote?) and so we went to Orchard Rd cos he wanted to buy a Valentine's Day present for someone he fancies (a 19 yrs old girl... can u believe him???). Anyway, since I was feeling a bit down, I bought S$11 worth of Famous Amos cookies and ice-blended coffee from Coffee Bean. But.... when I got home and check my email again, there was a reply from Lily, and she invite me for a 2nd interview with her supervisors, but I have to wait till they get back, so tentatively the interview will be on Feb 12. And so, the countdown continues..... 8 more days from now...... I am so excited about this and so I have been brushing up on my data analysis skills, just in case they ask me some technical questions.
Other than that, the guy from the recruitment agency called me again, offering me the Sales position again, and I totally bluffed him again (on the phone), saying that I would love to go to sales. But truthfully, I'm not really excited about that.... I mean, even if they offer me the job, I don't know if I will take it.

On other news..... I managed to catch up with 2 Beijing friends..... first was William.... he was here because his mom had an operation in Gleneagles Hospital. And the other one was Caroline..... we met up yesterday and hang out in a coffee shop. Gosh, I've kinda forgotten how bubbly she really is. She really made my day yesterday.



So, I'll write more later when I'm not lazy haha. Just be patient, people....

No comments: