Saturday, December 30, 2006

Houston chronicles

So now i have been in Houston for almost a week, i guess. Don't really keep track of time hahaha.... btw here's some pics of where I'm staying.





As I've said before, there's nothing much to do around here, so what have I been doing for the past few days? What else but.... go to the mall! Hahaha.... well, there's a really big mall in Houston called The Galleria, and we've been there 3 times, i think. Bought a lot of stuff... not just for me, but Mom and Dad got some good finds too. So, everyone's happy :)

And finally I've met Sarah Slavoff, my future sister-in-law. She's 23 years old, is a Bulgarian-Irish mix, but was born and grew up in USA (New Jersey, to be exact). She's doing her PhD in MIT (biochemistry, if I'm not mistaken), where she met my brother. She just started, so she have about 4 more years to go. She's a really nice person.... smart (obviously), and likes to smile and giggles a lot hahaha. Oh, and she is tall, even taller than my brother by about 1/2 inch, I think.
I also met her father and brother (they names are both Steve, so including me, we have 3 Steves). They came to Houston to watch a football game..... New Jersey vs. Kansas State (btw New Jersey won).
They are also very nice people. Big Steve (Mr. Slavoff) is a math teacher for 7th and 8th graders. Steve #2 is majoring in History (and a possible future in Political Science). He reminds me of Seth Cohen from The O.C. The short black curly hair, the long face, the way he talks and jokes...... the only difference is that Steve wears glasses.



This morning we had a little tour to where my brother is working now..... Schlumberger. They are in the oil mining industries. The place that I went to is a big complex called the Schlumberger Sugar Land Campus. They even have a pond with fountain inside the complex for people to relax.

This evening we're gonna do something quite different..... watch an NBA game! I don't follow basketball (at all), but I guess it won't hurt haha. And it's supposedly very good because it's the Houston Rockets (Yao Ming is in that team).

OK then, I'm gonna take a nap now.

No comments: