Saturday, December 30, 2006

Houston Rockets, 加油!!!

So as mentioned before, I went to watch a basketball game.... it's Houston Rockets vs Atlanta Hawks, to be exact. Houston Rockets is home to Yao Ming, the famous NBA player. But unfortunately he didn't play tonight.... maybe he went home to celebrate the holidays hahaha.

The game was held at the Toyota Center in Houston, so obviously the atmosphere was all about Houston Rockets. There's a lot of Rockets fans wearing red and white, but no Hawks fans in sight. Everybody was supporting for the Rockets, including the announcer guy..... it's kinda funny actually. When the Hawks score, he would just say "Jo..... Johnson....". But when the Rockets score, he goes "Trrraaaacccyyy McccGrrraaady!!!!". Hmm.... it would make better sense if I can add the sound effects haha.

The star of the show was obviously Tracy McGrady, better known as T-Mac. He is good!! But sadly he was injured (in the ****, if you know what i mean) during the 3rd period, so he was replaced. In the end, obviously the Rockets won by about 30 points (I didn't remember the exact score).





Before the game I was expecting to be quite bored, cos I don't really like basketball. But it turned out to be a fun and pleasant experience. Being there on the actual stadium really makes a difference. The atmosphere was just great. And there are lots of entertainment too, during timeouts and breaks.
So now I appreciate basketball more, but it's still won't be enough to make me buy a ticket to watch a game. But hey, if anyone wants company to watch a game, give me the ticket and I'll come with you! :)

No comments: