Monday, January 15, 2007

Bo(RED)

So, I have been here for slightly more than a week now, and what have I been doing everyday? NOTHING!! I know... it's only been a week, but I'm starting to feel the nothingness on my days and nights. Plus the weather has not been supportive at all..... it ahs been raining everyday since I came. Sometimes BIG BIG thunderstorms, sometimes it's just a drizzle, but it's still rain.

I try to keep myself busy.... sometimes I go to the library just to read some random books about engineering or management.... other times it's a novel...I finished reading "South of the Border, West of the Sun" by Haruki Murakami in 2 days. Interesting, but not as good as "Norwegian Wood".

I also have been exercising regularly..... badminton on saturdays, go to the gym 2 or 3 times a week.

Oh, one more thing..... surprisingly I have given up on TV for 1 whole week.... and I don't even download anything (well, I try, but somehow the connection is very very slow, probably because of the Taiwan earthquake OR one of my housemates is downloading something BIG). Oh I forgot to mention that until now I'm still crashing at my friend's room, because the original plan to rent a flat with my other friend failed..... long story, but now it seems that I may have to share this room till end of Feb, and then there will be this one guy who will go to Wuxi, China for 1 year, so I'll be taking his room. I really don't mind just renting a room outside by myself, but the problem is I still don't know where I'll be working, so it's best to delay this for as long as possible.

Hmm.... everything's still kinda blurry right now..... I've been sending out applications like crazy, but so far nobody called me yet, except for 1 recruitment agency that recommended me to be a Sales Engineer in an industrial HVAC (Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning) company. I don't know.... I mean, it wouldn't be my first choice, but I'll come for the interview, which is supposed to be this week, but I'm still waiting for the call. "WAIT"..... that word seems to be central to my life right now. Aaaarrrgh.... can't wait to get everything settled.

One last thing..... everything is so damn expensive here compared to China!! I don't know why but money seems to just flow out really quickly, even if I'm not doing anything..... I need something flowing in.... fast!

No comments: