Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Coincidence?

Hey, just want to give a quick update about my life right now....

I've just come back from an interview.... my first interview since I started looking for a job here. The company is DHL (for those of you who doesn't know what/who DHL is...... you've got to be kidding!! Hahaha). Actually, the way I got this interview is a little too much coincidence.

As you know, I've been joining a badminton group ever since I got back here. Now, the group has a mailing list, called SaBat (Saturday Badminton). Most of the content are junk, but then one day there is this one e-mail from a "Lily Suryana". It was a job ad, looking for Operation Analyst in DHL. She is the Global Metrics Manager in DHL. After I read the e-mail, well, it can be considered to be a perfect job for me! So I did some asking around, and turns out that she's the same age as me, and she was "the no.1" student when she graduated from high school. Moreover, she is one of my friend's ex. She did play badminton with the group before (when I was in Australia, I guess), but nowadays she doesn't go play that often anymore.

So I applied for the job, eventhough she was looking for someone with a Business/Logistics degree with at least 2 years experience. Yeah, whatever. Anyhow I send the application, and suddenly last Sunday I received an e-mail from her at 7.52am, calling me for interview. So I replied, and within the hour she replied back to me.

The interview itself went well according to my opinion. We conversed in English all the way.... it didn't feel awkward at all. Her English is good with just a slight Indo accent..... no singlish accent at all. I should be hearing from her by next week.

So I was thinking to myself.... IF I didn't go to China last year, and immediately applied for a job after my Master's degree, then I'd probably end up in a different company and not interested in this job. And I only started playing badminton while I was in China, so IF I didn't go.... I'd most probably wouldn't join the badminton group, and wouldn't know about this opportunity at all!! Isn't it strange? A little bit too much coincidence??

Well anyway, fingers crossed... I really hope I can get this job...... it can be my break into the logistics industry and the beginning of my career (my last job doesn't really count as a career). Till next week.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Stef

Fingers crossed here too.
I was one of them played badminton with you. haha.

Jin.