Thursday, January 04, 2007

Can I get an encore?

Boys and girls, I am currently writing this blog from the Swiss Lounge (a Business Class Lounge) in JFK Airport, New York. How did all this happen? Well, let me take you back to the beginning of the journey, starting yesterday morning.

As I said before, my parents' flight is leaving 11.30am from Houston, but my flight doesn't leave until 4pm. But, knowing my father very well, we left for the airport at 7.30am and arrived there 8.15 in the morning, about 7 hours before my flight hahaha. And by 9+ they decided to just wait in the gate so that my brother can go home to his girl (she couldn't come because there was no space in the car). So after my brother left me, I decided to just check in my baggage (although it is stil very very early). When I did that, the airline offered me if I wanted to get in an earlier flight, but I have to pay US$25. So I think, why not? I would rather wait at Newark airport than Houston airport. And so by 10.50am I was already on the plane to New York. Then on the way suddenly I had an idea.... since I still have to wait till 11pm, then I would still have plenty of time to go to Manhattan once again!! And anyway my luggage was already checked in all the way through to Singapore so I don't have to pick it up again in New York. The only problem is that I left my winter jacket at my brother's place, because I didn't think that I would be needing it again. So I was only wearing a T-shirt and a light jacket. Nevertheless, I decided to brave the cold and after we landed at 3.30pm, I jumped on the shuttle bus and go to Manhattan.

Luckily, once I arrive there, turns out that New York is not really that cold. I was still fine wearing only that. Since I didn't realy have any objective, I just casually walked around from the Grand Central area to 5th Avenue, Rockafeller Center and Times Square, getting into shops just to feel the heater hahaha. Btw Times Square is not really as packed as before (Christmas time). Along the way, I encountered a street artist who uses spray paint to paint very good picture of NY skyline. It's a bit expensive, US$15, but I decided to buy one for memories sake. I'll post the picture later. Then I had dinner at..... yep, you guessed it right.... Pong Sri. Hahahaha.....



So at around 7.45pm I took the bus back to Newark airport, taking one last look (at least I think it was) at Manhattan skyline. Then, something else happened......

to be continued.....

No comments: