Monday, January 01, 2007

Style : Nature vs Nurture

So today is New Year's Eve 2006. My dad has been sick with flu since yesterday, so he's been resting all day. And in the afternoon, since we didn't really have anything to do, I asked my brother to drop me and my parents to a shopping area near his place. I was wearing my casual outfit.... a Ben Sherman polo shirt (which I have worn many times before) and cargo pants. Then when we were browsing in a shop, there was an American guy with his girlfriend that suddenly came up to me and said "Dude, that's a nice shirt you're wearing.... where did you get it?". I couldn't help but smile and giggle for bit, and then I said "umm.... Australia?". Hahahaha.

Then I was thinking : Does this normally happen? Or is it just me? I mean, not few people has complimented me before for my sense of style. I really appreciate them, but sometimes I wonder how did I get to be this way? When I was little, I didn't care at all. I guess I started buying my own things since I left home for Singapore. But when I look at pictures back then, I still think "What the hell was I thinking??". But now, it just seems so natural to me. I don't know why but I'm good at shopping. I'm always able to find the good ones among so many stuff out there, even when I'm not shopping for myself. So, is it a natural thing or something that I learned and cultivated?

Anyway, all is good, except for my wallet. Style doesn't come cheap, if you know what I mean.

It's now officially 9.25pm Houston time. For New Year's Eve we only went for dinner at a restaurant that my brother picks (quite pricey..... fancy food and all). Then we went straight back home cos my father is still very very sick, so he and my mom are already asleep now. I'm now at the living room with my brother and his girl.... they're watching Pinocchio (starring Roberto Benigni) on DVD, which I think sucks big time. I'm sure there's other more interesting things on TV, but hey, I'm not the one who lives here.

OK then.... Happy New Year 2007 for everyone out there!!! Hope the New Year brings lots of good things in every aspects of life :)

No comments: